AND LIVE ARTS
The College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) at George Mason University seeks an experienced financial management professional to fill the position of Chief Business Officer (CBO). The College of Visual and Performing Arts includes a vibrant community of artists who actively learn, teach, practice and create a wide variety of art forms.
About the position: The Business Manager reports to the Dean of the CVPA. The CBO facilitates the planning and implementation of CVPA’s financial and operational vision for all business functions and activities. The CBO facilitates short- and long-term strategic planning for new and/or expanding academic and ancillary programs; partnerships; income generation; budgeting; finance and accounting; and human resources.
The OBC will be responsible for and provide overall direction, oversight, management and coordination of these functions, as well as overseeing the development of the implementation of policies and procedures to achieve the desired results. The CBO will maintain relationships with central administration and other departments of the University, as well as with CBOs in other units, and will be part of the Enterprise Business Network (EBN) to facilitate these results.
• Master’s degree in a field related to business, accounting, finance or tax management and more than 12 years of experience in progressively responsible and comparable tasks and assignments. Additional years of experience and training can replace a master’s degree; BA or BS degree required;
• Significant and demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and management of financial and administrative policies, preferably in an academic or not-for-profit setting;
• Collaborative management style. Demonstrated experience in building effective teams and supervising various professional and clerical employees;
• Thorough knowledge of budget planning, evaluation and execution principles and practices and familiarity with personnel, payroll, procurement, operational and financial reporting;
• Demonstrated ability to promote a team approach to effectively perform the functions of a finance and administration office;
• Exemplary communication skills (written and oral), particularly when communicating with a wide range of stakeholders with different levels of financial acumen;
• Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills, and ability to function independently;
• Experience in aligning strategic initiatives with financial plans and forecasts;
• Excellent working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures for managing federal and university grants.
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing financial operations for complex organizations with various forms of revenue streams and allocations;
• Successful experience in managing and resolving conflicts, building consensus and making sound judgments in a complex environment;
• Demonstrated experience and a level of seriousness to interface at the management level.
Special Instructions to Candidates
For a full review, candidates should apply for the position number
FA51JZ on https://jobs.gmu.edu before May 12, 2022; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV and a list of three professional references with their contact details.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative employer action, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in his community. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any characteristic protected by law.