The Burlington Performing Arts Center (BPAC) is back for a full season of live performances by announcing the 2022/2023 BPAC presents Season at a members event on Tuesday.! Tammy Fox, General Manager, has put together an exhilarating season of music, dance, comedy, variety, illusion, theater and family shows. Tickets for the shows go on sale today, with the first shows in August featuring the Jazz in the Plaza weekend, August 13-14, 2022.
Kicking off Tuesday for BPAC members, sponsors, community stakeholders and the media was hosted by the comic book and season launch host, Seán Cullen who will also be hosting four Comedy Cocktails this coming season, bringing with him guest comedians and musical talent.
Guests were treated to performances by four musical groups that will perform this season. Originally from Burlington, Francine Kay fun at the piano. Kay will perform a full show on Sunday, February 19e 2023 at the Community Studio Theater. canadian reggae band, satalitesgot patrons dancing in their seats and getting excited for their show this fall. Danny Michael, also back in November, shared his thoughtful lyrics with a performance featuring his award-winning singer-songwriter music. The thugswill return with music from the hit “Come From Away” and other Newfoundland-inspired music in February on the BPAC main stage.
A luxury vehicle will be presented on the BPAC place, from the sponsor of the season, Mercedes-Benz Burlington. Many new and returning sponsors will once again support BPAC in its mission to bring arts and culture to the forefront of the Burlington community.
“I’m really excited to bring a full season of programming back to BPAC this year. After two years of pandemic closures and restrictions, we are all ready to be back in theaters and are excited to connect artists and audiences again. We have found a way to embrace our commitment to diversity and inclusion through a wide range of local, national and international performers throughout the season, including featuring Ukraine Ballet during this time of global political unrest, local artists will be showcased in many ways, on our two stages and in our beautiful lobby. We are excited to welcome everyone to BPAC! said Tammy Fox, Executive Director.
Other highlights of the season include:
- Nutcrackerperformed by the State Ballet Theater of Ukraine, will be back for three shows as part of our Holiday Series
- as desired Natalie McMaster and his family for A Celtic Family Christmas.
- Live Classic Albums is back with two exciting albums to present: The Rolling Stones’ LET IT BLEED in November and the Beatles SO BE IT in March, note for note, cut for cut will be played. They are not a tribute band but a faithful recreation of some of the most memorable music ever made.
- For the local classical music pianist Philippe Chiu
- The Vienna Boys Choir will also grace the BPAC stage. Recognized worldwide as one of the best vocal ensembles in the world, they will be back in October
- Classic Rock! glass tiger (October 14, 2022)
- and Kim Mitchell (February 18, 2023)
- Air Supply announced last season) in September
The The 2022/2023 BPAC Presents season can be viewed in its entirety to BPAC PRESENTS
The BPAC price is ALL INCLUSIVE and includes all taxes and fees. BPAC members have exclusive access to purchase tickets for one week (May 31 9:00 p.m. until June 7e11:59 a.m.) before Public for sale starts at noon on June 7e2022. Different levels of membership can be explored and purchased online HERE
Subscribe to our newsletter
Be informed of exclusive offers every week!